Professional Year Program
A Professional Year Program (PYP) is a structured professional development program with a combination of formal learning and workplace experience designed for international students who have graduated from Australian University. Professional Year Programs provide you with an opportunity to enhance your employability by developing industry-specific skills through study and work experience and prepare you for professional careers in the Australian workforce. Successful completion of this program will earn you additional 5 points towards Australian permanent residency application in Australia.
Currently, PYP is available in the fields of accounting, information technology and engineering as the demand for skilled graduates is relatively high in these industries.
The Department of Home Affairs (DHA) only recognizes Professional Year Programs that have been approved by the government.
It is a 44 weeks program with 32 weeks coursework of Business Communication skills and Australian Workplace skills training followed by 12 weeks Australian workplace internship in the participant’s chosen profession.
To be eligible, you should have:
- Graduated from a related higher education program within Australia (minimum 2 years study)
- Must hold or have applied for a Temporary Graduate Visa – Subclass 485 and show evidence of your application
- Achieved English requirement:
- Accounting – minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (no band lower than 6.0) or equivalent
- Information Technology – minimum IELTS score of 6 overall, with no band below 5, or equivalent
- Engineering – minimum IELTS score of 6.0 with no band below 5, or equivalent
- Skill assessment from relevant professional association, if required.
We have partnered with Performance Education which is one of the reputed providers of Professional Year Program all around Australia. Performance Education is approved by the ACS, CPA, CA ANZ and IPA to deliver IT and Accounting Professional Year programs. Prices vary depending on the course. However, fee payment on instalment is available for all courses. Classes are conducted both on weekends and weekdays. Please book a free consultation with us to enrol in your chosen PYP.